In this heroes game you are welcomed by nothing less than a god. Yes, you read correctly. Zeus the Thunderer, the king of gods and all mortals itself will be greeting you in the introduction to the game. So, what does Zeus to do with this game. Let’s take a look at what he has to say. Apparently, somebody has dared to steal his scepter of power, hoping to escape from the punishment he hid in the halls of Hades. Zeus wants the player to make haste and find him, and return the scepter to its true owner. The way will be hard, you need to gather all of the heroes of the past and they will assist you, but Zeus all will help you in word and indeed.
Heroes of Hellas game is not unique, meaning that there are quite a few games alike. Anyway, the game is very entertaining if you are looking for something to keep you entertained. You could classify this game in the puzzle category since you have to create chains of three or more identical objects to remove them from the game board. Some of the tiles conforming the game board are made of gold. You have to collect all of the gold tiles on the game board to complete the level. To do that, collect gold tiles by removing the objects on top of them.
In order to get the help of the heroes as is told in the introduction, you have to complete all the levels in each episode. Each episode corresponds to a hero.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and then you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: it leads you to the “How to play” screen (unless you’ve deactivated it) and then you reach the first level.
- Help: this option shows the single page help information.
- Options: this is the menu from where you can configure some game aspects like, music and sound volume, and full screen, among others.
- Wallpapers: this option leads you to a page from which you can select a theme wallpaper for your computer.
- Myths and Trophies: game extras.
- High Scores and Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
- Windows XP/Vista
- Processor speed: 400 MHz
- RAM: 128 MB
- Hard drive space (uncompressed): 40 MB
- Graphics card: 16 MB VRAM
- Sound card: Optional
- DirectX version: 8.0
- Easy to learn how to play since its simplicity
- Very entertaining game
- It has multiple levels to play
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported